We all love Gingerbread cookies and in this case Gingerbread Alien cookies. While these make great treats on special occasions, mums are usually looking for a healthier alternative for their childen's lunch or after school snack.
With this is mind here are 2 sandwhich suggestions that are both really yummy and fun. :)
1. Peanut Butter/ Gingerbread Alien
1. Spread a slice of bread with peanut butter.
2. Using a gingerbread man cookie cutter cut out shape. (note: I would have preferred to use my 12cm cutter however the bread I had today was too small, so had to use my smaller cutter)
2. Decorate with sultanas for the brains (just as Simon did in the Gingerbread Aliens book), slices of cucumber for the eyes instead of Simon's green lollies and grated carrot for the intestines as an alternative to the orange snake lolly that Simon used.
NOTE: Many kids these days have peanut allergies and therefore can't eat this first sandwhich. The second sandwhich below is a happy and safe alternative.
2. Grilled Cheese / Gingerbread Alien.
1. Butter a slice of bread and add a slice of cheese.
2. Grill in a sandwhich maker or under an open grill until lightly brown.
3. Remove from heat and cut with cookie cutter.
4. Decorate as above with peanut butter sandwhich
Some alternative toppings:- tomato, lettuce, alfalfa, bean sprouts, snow peas
Watch how fast they disappear into hungry tummies! :)